A Luminous Halo

"Life is not a series of gig lamps symmetrically arranged; life is a luminous halo, a semi-transparent envelope surrounding us from the beginning of consciousness to the end." --Virginia Woolf

My Photo
Name:
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts, United States

Smith ’69, Purdue ’75. Anarchist; agnostic. Writer. Steward of the Pascal Emory house, an 1871 Second-Empire Victorian; of Sylvie, a 1974 Mercedes-Benz 450SL; and of Taz, a purebred Cockador who sets the standard for her breed. Happy enough for the present in Massachusetts, but always looking East.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

New Trick for Taz

Today I received a video which shows a black lab sitting patiently as strip after strip of beef jerky is placed on his head. The dog looked a lot like Taz, who's half lab, but the resemblance ended there. Taz is not exactly patient, especially when food's in range.

I decided, however, to try to teach her a similar trick. My initial mistake was to start the training with real food. When I switched to strips of paper with food as a reward, she did a little better. A little better. If she wants to be in the movies with me, she's going to have to learn to follow directions.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Taz??? That adorable puppy ... is an impatient critter? I'm shocked, shocked.

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home